From the Dust Jacket
Traditional Christmas Cooking, Crafts & Gifts is a hands-on holiday book. These stunning full-color photographs reveal hundreds of great holiday ideas — and then clear, concise instructions show you exactly how to create each one yourself. You can make wreaths and special garlands, build your own Winter Village for display, bake Pecan Tarts or serve a complete and tantalizing Cornish Hen Dinner — all with these easy-to-follow photos guiding you start-to-finish through each project or meal. And there’s so much more in these 318 photo and instruction- filled pages. So start browsing the ideas right now — then plan for your family’s most beautiful, fun and delicious Christmas yet! Here’s a preview of what you’ll discover:
- Decorating the tree — a variety of ornaments and tree toppers from traditional lace and Victorian ornaments to our special Christmas Angel.
- Tree skirts, holiday table runners, holiday placemats and other projects to sew.
- Garlands, wreaths and holiday bows.
- Christmas stockings for kids big and small.
- Father Christmas figure, Winter Village and other displays.
- Complete holiday dinner menus and all the recipes that go with them — Rack of Lamb Dinner, Glazed Ham Dinner, Pheasant with Apples, Duck with Orange Sauce and other delights.
- Holiday dinner trimmings (vegetable dishes, fruit garnishes, dressings, soups and salads) to add new variety to your traditional holiday meals.
- Holiday sweets, treats and baked goods of every description.
- Special holiday desserts sure to please every guest and family member — Pumpkin Parfait and Pistachio-Cherry Cheesecake, to name just a few.
Traditional Christmas Cooking, Crafts & Gifts was created by the editors of Cy DeCosse Incorporated. From the second printing in 1996. The ISBN is 0-86573-939-0. This hardcover book measures about 11″ x 8-1/2″ and has 316 numbered pages, ending with the Index.
Enlarge the photo above. The dust jacket shows some handling/storage. The boards and pages are very nice. Name was marked from front free endpaper, but no other markings found. This feels like it was never read/used. Stored in and ships from clean, smoke-free home.
Generally sent the same day payment arrives. Unless you request otherwise, I will wrap the book in plastic wrap to help protect it from the elements, tightly sandwich it between pieces of cardboard, then wrap in brown paper to send via Media Mail with Delivery Confirmation tracking. See the Shipping page for the cost to send a three-pound Media Mail package. Insurance is an additional cost as described. I am delighted to combine postage and insurance costs if you purchase more than one item. The second item may travel for free or just a few cents more — so it’s worth taking a look at my other items before you complete your order.
If you’d like more information about or photos of any of the projects in Traditional Christmas Cooking, Crafts & Gifts, please feel free to contact me. If it’s the price you don’t like, make a reasonable offer!
Check out my other Christmas books. The more you buy, the cheaper postage is per item!